so...my timing belt broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so...my timing belt broke

ive got an 89 325i, i love it! but..the timing belt broke. I havnt gotten the cylinder head off yet but there's most likely valve damage. either way the head is cracked in a few places so it needs replacing :(.

ANYWAY, my car is bone stock and since it'll be out of commission for a while i've decided to take this opportunity to do a little more under the hood. i dont know much about the m20 yet so any ideas on engine modding would be helpful. thanks!

what do you want to do
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

heres what you do, get a new motor. put it in.

your done.

Comment

Find an 88 super eta bottom end and put it in then you will have a 2.7i after you get a new head.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
        1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
          heres what you do, get a new motor. put it in.

your done.

x2. Don't waste any funds on fixing the old boat anchor you have in there now.

Broken Timing Belt in 15y/o+ Car Repair

Step 1.) http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=106305
          Step 2.) buy used engine from wrecker, or, parts car.
          Step 3.) Refer to Step 1.) in reverse order

Comment

wouldnt it be easier just to pull the head and put another one on?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
            X