No announcement yet.

2.5 to 2.7i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way eta and seta rods and crank are identical only the pistons are different. also the turbo diesel crank is 2.7 also and is forged.

There is another option which is, eta(2.7) crank, i rods, custom pistons ... Now this is the best stroker to build FYI better rod ratio
    Last edited by kenika65; 06-05-2008, 07:03 PM.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

kenika, I thought the TD crank is forged, not cast? Everyone at one time was all about the TD crank, but I've never heard of anyone breaking the ETA cast piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Inc View Post
        kenika, I thought the TD crank is forged, not cast? Everyone at one time was all about the TD crank, but I've never heard of anyone breaking the ETA cast piece.
        -Yea the td crank is forged. I've never heard of anyone breaking a m20 crank either, the bottem end is *from what I hear* good for over 8000 rpm, much higher than the valvetrain can spin. Plus the cast cranks are cheaper (heck you probably have one) and weigh about 10-15 lbs less, too.
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by e30wheelman View Post
          i am almost done with this build, and as stated above the blocks are exactly the same. if you use the I pistons then your going to have to shave them. the skirts dont allow clearence for the rods, however if you use Seta pistons with Seta rods every thing SHOULD bolt in fine. yes it is easyer to start with a 325i mostly because all the things like sensors, harness, are already there, but if your talking about just a engine, it was easyer for me to just get a Seta short block and a 325i head. and bolt them together. then i bought a parts car that had been wrecked for 300 bucks and got every thing else i needed.

what kind of e30 do you have?
          Hey, Sorry to be a random, But im going to be building my new 2.7 stroker, i am going to use the following parts, how much hp would i get?

BMW E30 2.5 BLOCK
          BMW E28 525E CRANK
          BMW E28 525E 11:1 PRE64 PISTONS
          BMW E30 325E RODS
          325I HEAD
          288 SCHRICK
          DIBILAS INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Comment

by 525e pistons i assume you mean the 88 528e, and ive heard the 272 cam works alot better and just to chill on the lift a bit, as far as the pistons, i have no idea about the pistons your talking about, if your going to use pistons from a 88 528e then it would be the same as using pistons from an 88 325. they will work fine but are less-than-perfect compression of like 8.9 to 1 or somthing. which is close enough to 9 to 1 for me. and im not quite sure what your talking about when you say individual throttle bodies, are you using a different intake manifold?

with my setup of 88 528e/325 block, pistons,rods, and 87 325i head, intake, tb, wiring harness ect, stock cam and springs, 5speed trani and 3.73 diff with a stock 325i exhaust, im prolly lookin at 192 hp. theres some dyno sheets of someone with the same build and there right around there. put the 272 cam in it and prolly boost it to 210 MABE 220 with a fresh rebuild and some balancing and new springs ect....but i plan on SC it so well see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by e30wheelman View Post
              by 525e pistons i assume you mean the 88 528e, and ive heard the 272 cam works alot better and just to chill on the lift a bit, as far as the pistons, i have no idea about the pistons your talking about, if your going to use pistons from a 88 528e then it would be the same as using pistons from an 88 325. they will work fine but are less-than-perfect compression of like 8.9 to 1 or somthing. which is close enough to 9 to 1 for me. and im not quite sure what your talking about when you say individual throttle bodies, are you using a different intake manifold?

with my setup of 88 528e/325 block, pistons,rods, and 87 325i head, intake, tb, wiring harness ect, stock cam and springs, 5speed trani and 3.73 diff with a stock 325i exhaust, im prolly lookin at 192 hp. theres some dyno sheets of someone with the same build and there right around there. put the 272 cam in it and prolly boost it to 210 MABE 220 with a fresh rebuild and some balancing and new springs ect....but i plan on SC it so well see what happens.
              Sorry dude i made a mistake with the last post, i meant to use the 11:1 Compression pistons from a 525e pre 1984 model

Comment

well i wouldnt know a thing about it then =) just make sure ALL the clearences are ok and every thing fits lol. youl have to search more on that one.

Comment

Working...
                X