heres an original one....my engine doesn't stop running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres an original one....my engine doesn't stop running

as the post says I had a really bad short and now my car still runs after I remove the key....any one have a picture of there ignition switch with the wires running from it...my Accessory wire (green) burned off so I soldered it back on to a spot (I thought) it should go, but I might have made a mistake. Any one have any suggestions on how this is happening?

second question; is it bad to just keep stalling a car off? thats the only way right now to shut it off, besides putting it back into the start position and grinding the starter. I'm thinking it might be one of the unloader relays instead of the ign switch.

anyone have any good insight? I got mad electrical problems but thats the worst of them.

When my 86es did this I had to disconnect my fuel pump relay for it to turn off and then I upgraded to 1.3Motronic so no more electrical problems!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

well this is a 90 325i so its already the latest motronics

Comment

Stalling your car out a few times until you get that figured out isn't going to harm anything.

Comment

thank you for that answer...as for the other problem its gonna take me a while to figure it out.

Comment

dieseling huh, dont know what would cause that unless youre crazy over heating
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

your acc wire burned off??? Sounds like there is something wicked brewing in your electrical system. This reminds me of "My deck shuts off everytime i push my brakes!".

Comment

alright next step in mind
                1: pull off the dashboard and drive around without it for like a week,
                2:I have a good idea because there are many electrical issues that are intermittened alot of wires must have melted together.
                3: This Sucks!!!

I've pretty much teared apart my whole car except for the wheels and tires, within the past 6 months....one after another.

Comment

its not dieseling, I can drive it without my keys in the ignition...(of course the steering locks) its gotta be something on the ign switch but I can't find a good diagram on all the wires that come out of the ignition switch. I have an ETM and it shows me the starting diagram, but not the running diagram..

what makes the car stop running, powers gotta be cut to the ECU? or the coil? or the fuel pump?

Comment

stuck main relay (or any)? tried banging on all of the relays? since you had a bad short, the switch within any of the relays could have fused...

could pull them out and make sure they are working properly
                    ?

Comment

I'll check that tomorrow...its a good idea I didn't even think to look.

Comment

relays are fine....today it fixed the problem by itself which scares me. it will now shut off when I turn the key, still has all the accessory lights on the dash light up. another thing is my check panel doesn't light up when I press the check button. I have it wired in a way that it will start, but I figured things might have melted to the green accessory wire so I wanted to rewire it, but if I wire it a different way, it just turns over once and than nothing....this is truely a mind F***....any advice would be greatly appreaciated...(No I won't light my car on fire or roll it into the ocean).

Comment

Working...
                        X