Intermittent engine bogging/turning off problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum leak from the pictured hose.

I went to Lowe's and grabbed 3/4" OD heater hose. It's worked for 3K miles, but I have a stock replacement on order. Look through all your hoses and make sure they aren't cracked.
    cars beep boop

Comment

i checked all the hoses and none seem to be cracked. on a side note where is the pcv valve? does this motor have one? is it incorperated into the valve cover?
      Originally posted by Ferdinand
      I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

The ICV (I assume you meant ICV) is a metal cylinder that's connected by a short hose to the back of the intake manifold, and a long hose to the intake boot.
        cars beep boop

Comment

no i know what the idle control valve is. what i am refering to is the pressure control valve, i think it should be connected to the hose that runs from the valve cover to the throttle body.
          I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

Comment

Hmm, there is no valve there for me.. the hose just runs from the VC to the throttle body, uninterrupted.
            cars beep boop

Comment

well i figured out what the problem was. im an idiot. when putting the head back on i didnt put injector #6 on firmly so under certian conditions it would become loose and loose contact, till today when it finally came off. pushed it til i heard a click and now it runs fine.

Comment

Working...
              X