2.7 crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7 crank

Will it fit in the 2.5 block with LC pistons?

The B27 and the B25 blocks are exactly the same. So to answer your question, yes the crank and the pistons with fit.

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I put the crank in the block last night and the i pistons dont fit. I put a head on and rotated the crank. The pistons come up pretty far past where they use to. I'm thinking a thicker HG and some LC Pistons and I should be set in that department. How much of a HP gain do you think I'll get with the stroke of the eta on the i?

Comment

While the blocks are the same, the contecting rods are different, as are the pistons. Trying to use the 2.5 connecting rods and pistons with a 2.7 crank will cause the pistons to hit the head! Using the e rods and the super-e pistons is one accepted solution....

Comment

yea but with LC pistons there is no bulge at the top leaving more room for piston travel. Along with a thicker HG I think it just might work. However I'm gonna pick up new rods and pistons anyway...

Comment

Read the forums man! This has been tried probably a million times before and it don't work. People have even tried to shave the pistons. Either find yourself some '88 seta pistons and use them with your eta rods or you're gonna have to buy new pistons that have the correct height.
            "Life is hard...it's a lot harder if you're stupid."

Tom
            72 2002
            87 327i
            88 525i
            88 535i
            03 530i

Comment

what the heck is an LC piston?
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

You need 130mm rods . Period. The 325 rods are 135mm. They will not work.
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

low compression

Comment

i love low depression crank.
                    Originally posted by Ferdinand
                    I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

What compression are you trying to run.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm not sure. I just recieved a 2.5 block with the 2.5 crank as well as a 2.7 crank. I'm gonna start building this motor slowly but surely as the money comes in. I have someone assisting me with this process. It will be a learning experience for me. I'm not to savy with motors so I will learn a lot in this process. What would be ideal compression if I bore the motor to 2.9/3.0?/

Comment

Originally posted by THATDONFC View Post
                          What would be ideal compression if I bore the motor to 2.9/3.0?/
                          are you planning to boost?

I say stick with the 2.7 crank, 130mm rods, and s-eta pistons.
                          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
                          X