2.7 chip, cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7 chip, cam

I'm probably going to drop a 2.7l Seta/i head engine in my '91 325i(s) soon, mostly to get it done and drivable! I have more parts than I know what to do with...

What is availible for performance software? I know Bavarian Autosport has one, and Dinan used to, any others to look at?

Also, I've looked at a "top end performance" regrind cam, and I know a company in the PNW, delta camshaft, makes regrinds, does anyone else? I realize that they arn't as well liked as new cams, but the price is right :D

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

regrinds = crap. you're better off buying a new stock cam.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

if its a 2.7 'stroker' like i think youre saying it is, then youre getting a chip made for that motor right? i dunno if bav auto makes one for a 2.7 , ive seen dinan 2.7i chips from back in the day but i dont think its something you can buy from them. definitely get a mark d'sylva chip.. i know he makes them for stroker m20s.

i feel the same way about the regrind- i wouldnt buy one. just save up for new schrick, get stock, or try to find a used schrick in good condition. just my personal opinion

Comment

Thanks for the mark d'sylva name!

Can you specify the problems with a properly reground cam? I realize a poorly done cam is a problem, but my understanding is that the way Delta does it is similar to a new cam, building it up by welding and grinding it back down, then hardening it properly.

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

the compresson will be so low (8.5:1) on a s-eta 2.7i that you wouldn't get any power out of a bigger cam. Stick with a stock b25i cam.

As for the chip, I used a MarkD 17.5lb/m30afm/93oct chip made for a 2.5, and loved it!
          1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Working...
          X