What block do i have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What block do i have?

can someone give me the number of the 2.5 and 2.7 blocks i will like to know what block do i have

do you have just the block or do you have the whole motor?

i can run out to my car in a bit and grab the numbers off of mine and that will tell you which one you have.
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

blocks themselves are identical, difference is in internals and head.

Comment

i know that the block are identical but my block is stock but i dont know if is a i or e it has the dome pistons and some say that they come in the eta and some, even a have seen a theard identifying the dome piston as i i just want to know what number is the e block and i block... my car is crazy it has all e exectp the head (885), the differencial and when i remove the head it has the dome pistons, everything else is eta, but in the door and the license say 325e... men can anyone tell what car do i have it has the eta gaugues too.

Comment

Sounds like you might have a "budget stroker". In other words, somebody put an "i" head on an "eta" engine. It's fine that way and might make a bit more power.
          1987 E30 325is
          1999 E46 323i
          RIP 1994 E32 740iL
          oo=[][]=oo

Comment

There's no mention of the production date of the car, which might mean that the OP has a SuperETA.
            Last edited by jlevie; 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
              there's no mention of the production date of the car, which might mean that the op has a surereta.

+1
              Originally posted by Beastolizer
              what is the difference between the 12 LED and 6 LED and 24 LED?
              Originally posted by norcalE30
              you may want to sit down, this is complex...
              one has 6 LEDs, one has 12 LEDs, and one has 24 LEDs

Comment

does it have a rear valance? if so its a super eta...

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

ok guys to make it more clear look at this thread http://www.bmwccn.no/rogaland/Mahle_m20.html

the firsts pistons on the left is what I have, and it says clearly m20b25 so i,m confused... my car in the label door say 325i and if it is a 325es (super eta) is suppose to say 325es right? please help me... :(

Comment

Go to realoem.com and plug in the last seven of the VIN to find out what the car is supposed to be.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                      i know that the block are identical but my block is stock but i dont know if is a i or e it has the dome pistons and some say that they come in the eta and some, even a have seen a theard identifying the dome piston as i i just want to know what number is the e block and i block... my car is crazy it has all e exectp the head (885), the differencial and when i remove the head it has the dome pistons, everything else is eta, but in the door and the license say 325e... men can anyone tell what car do i have it has the eta gaugues too.
                      Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                      ok guys to make it more clear look at this thread http://www.bmwccn.no/rogaland/Mahle_m20.html

the firsts pistons on the left is what I have, and it says clearly m20b25 so i,m confused... my car in the label door say 325i and if it is a 325es (super eta) is suppose to say 325es right? please help me... :(
                      OK, now you are completely contradicting yourself. I know there is a language barrier here, but you need to be clear. If the door says i, if the head is an i head, the pistons are i pistons and the diff is for the i cars, then my guess would be that you have an i car.
                      1987 E30 325is
                      1999 E46 323i
                      RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                      oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Also, how high does your tach read?

Comment

the tach reachs only to 5 RPM but i think is from another car

Comment

Working...
                          X