Clutch master cylinder problem I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch master cylinder problem I think?

Wrapping up my rebuild but before I put the engine back in I remember an annoying issue I had. After about a half hour of use I would have to put my foot under the clutch pedal and pull it all the way up because it slowly would get lower and lower before it engaged. Right after I pull it up all is ok for a while again. Have plenty of fluid. Are the seals in the master bad? Could it be the slave (wouldn't think pulling the clutch pedal up would fix that). Seems all fingers point to the master... its got 5 years on it since I switched from auto to manual. Just want to confirm if anyone has had this issue. Also switched to a stronger clutch plate and ceramic clutch before this happened. Do I need a different brand master to take the additional pressure or is stock ok?

Thanks is advance.

Sounds like a case of a bad master cylinder to me. Don't think you'd need a better than stock MC for most clutch/PP changes as the hydraulic force applied should be enough to overcome most any PP spring, providing that the slave is also in good order.

Comment

Working...
    X