I know I know another stroker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I know another stroker question

Start off by saying I have done my research, just need to button up a few over thought questions on my end. I have a 1986 325e. I just bought a full i to help build my stroker. From what I have gathered I will be doing a complete rebuild on my e and then switching over the i head, intake manifold. So e bottom end i top end. I've seen that 1988 pistons are domed and match the i head the best. So my question, aren't my 86 pistons the same as 88? Any extra info you think I'll need please send it my way and I'll be starting the build here this month so I will make sure to take a lot of pictures and try to make a good forum. Thanks for your time guys!

No the SETA 88 pistons are a dome and dish design to suit the 885 head. They are very different to the 86ETA pistons which are a flat top design to suit the 200 head. Flat top pistons from a 86 eta are not a good match for the 885 head.

you are far better off getting the eta crank, eta rod and m20b25 I piston which matches the 885 head. The block needs be decked about 2mm but you end up with a much better engine that it’s worth the added work.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

That helps a lot, thank you for the information!

Comment

to be clear the eta bottom end with 885 head that you proposed physically works and will make more power than a stock eta but just is far from ideal compared to what is possible with a better setup and same crank
        Last edited by digger; 01-13-2020, 07:36 PM.
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
        X