Regular Eta vs Super Eta intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular Eta vs Super Eta intake manifold

I heard that the Super Eta intake manifold uses skinner intake runners than the regular Eta manifold. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Are there any other differences between the 2 manifolds?
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Skinnier than the "i" manifold - it's essentially an eta intake manifold with the runners opened up right at the head to match the 885 ports. I did some flow testing with one a while back, they are nothing special, and the eta manifold with "i" throttle body (opening bored to match) did slightly better.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Skinnier than the "i" manifold - it's essentially an eta intake manifold with the runners opened up right at the head to match the 885 ports. I did some flow testing with one a while back, they are nothing special, and the eta manifold with "i" throttle body (opening bored to match) did slightly better.
      Did your flow tests show whether the SETA manifold flowed better than the regular Eta manifold around the 1000-2500 RPM range? I was interested in doing a conversion at some point to improve low speed torque and driveability, since that’s where my engine spend most of its time. If there’s no appreciable difference between the two in that RPM band, I’ll just keep my regular Eta manifold.
      1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
      1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

Did your flow tests show whether the SETA manifold flowed better than the regular Eta manifold around the 1000-2500 RPM range? I was interested in doing a conversion at some point to improve low speed torque and driveability, since that’s where my engine spend most of its time. If there’s no appreciable difference between the two in that RPM band, I’ll just keep my regular Eta manifold.
        Been so long, I would have to look up the numbers, but the dyno showed a gain in torque using the eta manifold on an 885/eta combination. Want to say the TQ went from 150-ish to near 170 at the wheels - HP stayed around 140.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
        X