Driveshaft repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EbzyyE30 View Post
    just got a call from the shop. Told me a couple days ago actually that in his professional opinion having worked on many of these driveshafts that the rear U-Joint was actually in good condition and that little notch I was feeling was due to how tightly some BMW Ujoints are pressed in. Told him I was not foreign to paying more to have to never touch it again. He offered me Center bearing and centering sleeve for 200$, he then said he will balance it and if it didn't pass how he liked he would change the U joint. Called me today and said it all checked out and it is straighter than an arrow. All totalling $280 cad with a balance. hoping this solves all my vibration issues on the e30.
    For your sake, I hope it solves the vibrations too. Considering the centering bearing was bad, I'd be willing to bet that will help.
    If not, get ready to take it apart again soon. I'm not sure why they wouldn't replace the joint while it was out considering they don't last forever.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

For your sake, I hope it solves the vibrations too. Considering the centering bearing was bad, I'd be willing to bet that will help.
      If not, get ready to take it apart again soon. I'm not sure why they wouldn't replace the joint while it was out considering they don't last forever.
      I guess we will have to wait and see if im taking it apart again any time soon, like I said tho he seemed very confident about it so im not too worried I will keep this thread in mind if I ever have to take it out again lol. thanks for the assistance.

Comment

for the first time I have felt my car without a crazy vibration, im hoping it lasts. while driving it was super smooth and the rear U joint was not in need of repair so the shop guy was right. im wondering though if the driveshaft is misaligned in any way will it show symptoms immediately or will it take some time driving. just wondering im super anxious and triple check everything when I do stuff to make sure I've done it right so the job took a while and would hate to take it back out.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out. I was just thinking of this thread and wondering how it turned out.
          Maybe someone who's only replaced the CB and Guibo can chime in.

As for the vibrations, you should notice ASAP if it's misaligned.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            Glad to hear it worked out. I was just thinking of this thread and wondering how it turned out.
            Maybe someone who's only replaced the CB and Guibo can chime in.

As for the vibrations, you should notice ASAP if it's misaligned.
            Yeah i'm super stoked I guess I can finally see the hype behind these cars it was smoother than my daily and was truly an experience for sure. And its good to hear hopefully it lasts I don't drive the car very often anymore so I get it out a couple times just to keep it healthy. thanks for all the input in this thread wouldn't have been able to fix it without your guys help. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X