88’ BMW 325i acceleration bounce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88’ BMW 325i acceleration bounce

Hello R3V. I have an issue I’m looking to get to the bottom of. I recently purchased an 88’ 325i. The owner told me there was nothing to worry about mechanically. A week in to owning it I found it leaking coolant and power steering. I’ve since fixed both with the addition of a new water pump, thermostat housing, timing/accessory belts, radiator hoses and throttle body. After putting everything together as I started the car I noticed the check engine light was on. After trying the “5 step” trick to initiate the code sequence I was unsuccessful and I’m curious why. However, that’s not my main issue. I went on to start the car and it was fine. Idle was fine as well but when I stepped on the gas ever so slightly reaching 1.3k-1.5k rpms. It began to bounce or pulsate as seen on the video I’ve attached via Reddit. I haven’t preformed a smoke test on the vacuum system however I’m not aware of any leak that could cause that type of issue. My other thoughts are leading me to the idle control valve or the throttle position sensor. If anyone is familiar with this issue or knows how to resolve it I’d greatly appreciate the advise. Thank you. https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Probably is Motronic 1.1 and not 1.3 so it doesn't have the stomp test capability.

Check engine light isn't on in your video? did that happen later or do you mean the check panel light flashing?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
    X