Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine acting up after head gasket/timing belt ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine acting up after head gasket/timing belt ect.

Hello All,

I'm at a loss, and have tried a few different things. Wanted to see what people thought could be the culprit. I replaced head gasket, timing belt, water pump and bunch of other odd and ends. The car starts, but won't accelerate past 3000, and also is bogged down under medium throttle. I've checked the TPS, smoke tested for vacuum leak, checked timing (but could be wrong, as I'm an idiot). Check the video and let me know what you think. I'd really like to not send to mechanic, but I'm starting to get frustrated.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

sorry for the portrait view video, as stated above, I'm an idiot

thanks,
    Chris

Valves adjusted?

Comment

I did, but I'll check again.

Comment

adjusted again. Still same issues.

Comment

Fuel pump pressure?

Comment

checked fuel pressure. 45ish. Could it be c191? I'm changing out the plug wires to rule them out this weekend, but don't think that's it. Also, stomp test shows no codes.
            Last edited by romeo294; 10-16-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

not the CPS, not the plugs or wires. Any thoughts in the sound being the C191?

Comment

A thought, did you mark the fuel injector connectors before removal? Are the connectors on the right fuel injector?
                2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
                  A thought, did you mark the fuel injector connectors before removal? Are the connectors on the right fuel injector?
                  Does the firing order of the banks even matter? IIRC it is 1-3-5 on one and 2-4-6 on the other, but I don't know if the order of those two actually matters (and I don't see how it would).

Comment

Originally posted by JehTehsus View Post

Does the firing order of the banks even matter? IIRC it is 1-3-5 on one and 2-4-6 on the other, but I don't know if the order of those two actually matters (and I don't see how it would).
                    My point, and as an example, if the ECU is firing injector 1 and that connector is on injector 2, I think that would be a problem. Not trying to get into a pissing contest, trying to think of things that could get screwed up when the OP has everything related to pulling the head apart.
                    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

^Thanks to both of you for the ideas... I appreciate that we're keeping it classy. I should have marked injector harness before pulled apart. I'll see if that's the problem. I hope it is.

Comment

Checked injector wiring. Seems right, the only way it could have been f'd up is if i put it on backwards, which is kind of impossible. as the wires for thermostat would be on back.

Comment

Car's been at mechanic for a week. He still hasn't found out what's wrong. Said timing belt was correct, gaps in plug and valves were a bit off but not too bad.

Comment

Temp sender check sensor and wiring

Comment

Make sure the distributor rotor is indexed correctly on the cam timing pulley. Even if you think it is, go back and take it apart and re-check. I had this problem myself.
                              '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X