Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIXED Have Fuel and Compression But No Spark, What To Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIXED Have Fuel and Compression But No Spark, What To Do?

Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new 89 325i Sedan owner. When I bought the car it was running amazing, sounded great, rebuilt engine and transmission with a new clutch under 100 miles old. Drove it hard to test it out before buying and it responded amazingly. Took it home, let it sit overnight, absolutely no leaks. Next day changed the oil and oil filter as well as hooking up the turn signals, which had cut, my guess is to install the new bumper. Cleaned out engine bay with a very small amount of soapy water from a mist bottle. Was going to go drive the car to get some more parts, it started and got out of my driveway and down the hill but stalled at a stop sign, would crank but the car wouldn't turn on. It has fuel and can hear the fuel pump going. Changed Spark plugs (which had fuel on them) and the car still wouldn't spark. Definitely has fuel in the tank as I had just put half a tank in the day before. No sensors or plugs that I can see loose. No cracking or holes in any hoses. Timing belt is completely fine. Ordered a new Main Relay which will be arriving tomorrow. Anything major that I missed or any suggestions on general?

Thank You!

edit: It was the Main Relay
    Last edited by jnbentley26; 10-11-2020, 05:15 PM.

Coil and wiring to coil. Water while cleaning must have messed with it.

Comment

injectors actually spraying? if not could be CPS. if injectors are firing check there is power to coil with igniton on its the decent size green wire iirc
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
      X