Auto Swap M8 transmission bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Swap M8 transmission bolt

In the process of swapping my auto to manual and I have a transmission bolt issue. I got what I think is an 325e late model transmission and one of the m8 torx bolts is not long enough. I measured what I need and I think I need a m8x80 or m8x85. I called BMW and they don’t have this part number on file. All they have is the m8x50. Anyone got a lead on this longer bolt? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, don't let it stop you from the swap. You can get to it from underneath. We actually only use the four 12mm bolts in the endurance cars for quick service (maybe not advisable for all). Actually had one of the top bots fall out during a 14hr race and nothing happened lol. We since drilled holes in the firewall so we can easily tighten them from inside the car.

That is an odd duck, though. The bottom four 13mm hex heads (8mm) vertical bolts in the bottom of the FW cover have different lengths depending on if they had the stopper on the sub frame, but don't recall seeing a need for such a long bolt there.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      IMO, don't let it stop you from the swap. You can get to it from underneath. We actually only use the four 12mm bolts in the endurance cars for quick service (maybe not advisable for all). Actually had one of the top bots fall out during a 14hr race and nothing happened lol. We since drilled holes in the firewall so we can easily tighten them from inside the car. That is an odd duck, though. The bottom four 13mm hex heads (8mm) vertical bolts in the bottom of the FW cover have different lengths depending on if they had the stopper on the sub frame, but don't recall seeing a need for such a long bolt there.
      I’m thinking it is from a different car than the e30. I might order something off line or McMaster car one I figure out the thread Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try item 34. I had the same problem, finally found it here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_0119
        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
          Try item 34. I had the same problem, finally found it here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_0119
          My man. Thanks a million. It'll take some time to get here but man, you came in clutch.

Comment

Working...
          X