E30 ALH diesel swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 ALH diesel swap

Has anyone ever put a VW Alh Diesel engine in there e30? 50mpg with 200-300hp potential..

There were a few people who talked about doing it, but I never saw one completed. I know theres a few running around Europe where theres more love for all things diesel. I wanted to do it years ago, but let that ship sail.

Do it!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah I saw the thread that you were apart of years ago when I did a search. But looked to me that nothing came out of it. I have the engine and I love it for daily commuting around town. But getting any information from a 3rd party that’s done it seems hard to find. Hopefully more will turn up on this!

Comment

Looking at pictures of the engine, it looks like the oil pan is probably the biggest hurdle - it looks like it will need mods to fit the engine back against the firewall, unless you put the engine forward in the engine bay like an Audi?

I had a quick search for other swaps - in a Suzuki Samuari, they do a 3 inch lift kit so the oil pan can sit on top of the cross member. Not an ideal solution for an e30 unless you are going for the master truck look!
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
        X