No announcement yet.

K24A2 into '85 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing and updating. Any details on the Audi FPR? Pics?

Comment

That torque curve looks like it would be fun driver. Thanks for reporting back with dyno numbers.

Comment

Just wrestled my K24 in today using the full KPower kit. The oil pan is resting on the driver side power steering rack bolt head, and the head water neck is pretty much jammed right into the firewall.

Guess I’ll have to shave the bolt head down. Did you have that issue?

Comment

Sorry for the 4 month delayed response, I hope you figured your issues out by now. With the oil pan I did have some interference with the steering rack mounting tabs as the KPower swap guide shows. So I had to grind the tab a bit. But I didn't have any issues with hitting the bolts. I have the bolts pointing up from the bottom and played with some bolt/washer/nut combinations to avoid hitting the pan.

For the water neck I did have to hammer the fire wall to make clearance. It was my first time ever having to do that so I just took my time and progressively hammered at it little by little to try and get a smooth curve that would give me the clearance I needed plus a little extra space for movement. I was surprised at how good it came out. It seemed to form pretty easily and doesn't look all beat up.

Comment

I did end up shimming the driverside steering rack bolt and using a thinner nut to give me more clearance from the oil pan. The waterneck sitting against the firewall issue was solved once the oilpan was no longer resting on the steering rack bolt.

I also eventually installed10mm subframe spacers to give the engine some more clearance from the firewall and to stop the KPower header from rattling against the floor (worst component they sell IMO).

Comment

Working...
            X