Rb20det swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rb20det swap help

Hello everyone, I just recently bought a wide body e30 body kit isn’t perfect and needs work but I got it in a good deal. The car hasn’t ran in over 2 years and honestly I doubt it would even start because everything is either disconnected or cut.

So I decided I wanted to do a swap I was looking at pretty normal swaps like an ls or maybe a s50-54 but engines are kind of pricey right now not counting any transmission parts or modded parts that will be needed.

i just came across a jdm RB20DET with a 5 speed manual transmission for a decent price and was really considering buying it there but wanted to do more research. I have read threads of people who have done this swap and many of them say it’s pretty simple but nobody really says it in clear words what you will need or the process of it.

I have no past experience doing swaps but work on my own cars and would like to do most of the work myself if possible so this is just a post to see if anyone has any tips or advice they can give for this project any would be really appreciated thank you.

RHD layout engine to LHD car and first swap in your mechanic career. Not recommended, unless you want to fight dragons.

edit... donor engine price should never be the first motivation unless you are very experienced builder with all the tools, knowledge and the attitude that you want to do something "different".

Comment

Working...
    X