Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 324TD M21D24WA conversion

Hello to all
    I have been seriously thinking about a M21 conversion and after flip flopping between a Rabbit TD and an M21 conversion I have finaly decided on fitting my current 1989 325is with the Turbo Diesel engine. I usualy dont care about posting this kind of endevor on any forums but this is a unique conversion with lots of misinformation about how hard it is to do and how much power is possible with the M21.

I will try to post information as I get it and keep yall uptodat on my progress. As for now my goal is 225hp and 50mpg. I have read all of the internet gossip about how weak the M21 is and how fragile the heads are and the list of internet lore goes on and on. I will try to post truths and not contribute to the internet misinformation. I will post as many pictures as I can because often pictures explain all. This is going to take a long time, patience, and of course money.

To start with the doner car is a 1985 BMW E28 524td automatic with a published 115hp and 155ft/lbs of torque.

I'm interested to see how this works out. I like the idea of a diesel powered e30

Comment

subscribing, good luck!
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

This should be good. Subscribed.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Dinno246, you sound like you know what you are talking about, this swap sounds like a PITA - but to each their own. Good luck!

+1 for the tonnes of misinformation on the internet!!
          ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

interested to see where this goes!
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Comment

Diesel Swap FTW!!! (Mine 190e 2.3-16 with a OM603A plan for custom pump and VGT turbo 300+ HP)

Good luck man! How do these old bmw diesels work? They got bosch injection pumps just like mb? Just throw some more fuel & boost in there and I'm sure you'll get what your looking for! For big power your gunna need new elements.

Comment

Excellent, I've wondered about this swap before. If you search for 324td on YouTube it looks like there are some modded ones with more boost, etc.

The E30 BMW 3-series is a cult favorite, but most people think of the petrol-powered 325is or M3 versions when they think of performance. Well not these guys. This is evidence that a turbo diesel E30 can rock just as hard; when you do burnouts, you get tire smoke and black exhaust! The horror-flick style editing makes…

Comment

This will be interesting. I love diesels and I love my E30. It would make a killer DD.

FYI, we just completed our own conversion: B3.9 Cummins into a 1972 F-250 Camper Special. First fillup has netted us just under 25mpg with a fair bit of light towing involved. (actual mileage is 26.9mpg, but the speedometer/odometer is off about 10%)

If possible, I would really try to use a modern diesel over an older one. The newer engines are so much more drivable and efficient. My TDI was an absolute torque-monster when I was done with it. Hmmmm....TDI in an E30?

Comment

is this dead?

Comment

is this dead?

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                        2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

You're dead

sigpic

Comment

You're dead
                            - Chris
                            Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

was really hoping this was goin somewhere....o well
                              sigpic
                              85 325e 5spd

Comment

Working...
                              X