putting an m60 in my e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
    u sure? my dad had a 1995 540i and it started losing compression at like 80k miles, so he took it in and they replaced it with (what I thought was) an m62 in 2000. no way to check now, the car is sold and long gone
    Positive.. The bad m60's were replaced with alusil m60's. I had a 540i that had an m60 that was replaced under recall (the majority of them have been swapped) and I looked into swapping an m62 into my e34, which is a good bit of work. Someone could've swapped an m62 in, but not BMW.
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

so reguardless if its an m60 or m62. does the earlier price stated still stand? under 2k for the long block, ecu's and everything is a decent deal?

Comment

Originally posted by rafiki View Post
        so reguardless if its an m60 or m62. does the earlier price stated still stand? under 2k for the long block, ecu's and everything is a decent deal?
        It's definitely an m60.. But I wouldn't pay near that much for one. What trans are you planning on running with it? If you're wanting a 6 speed thats going to cost you another grand, so keep that in mind
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I wish BMW put m62's in place of the m60's when they did the recall. I'd be one lucky SOB. All I got was an Alusil m60b30. F.

Comment

Originally posted by e30conv View Post
            Hey everyone, im trying to gather parts for my 89 325i convertible to convert it to a v8. I already have the motor from my 94 740i and actually still have the car too. what am i going to need to pull this swap off, what else should I grab from the 740i before i get rid of it? I am not it a rush to pull this off but would like to start getting everything i need. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
            740i harness computer. motor mounts. how much research have you done? sounds like a fun swap though! good luck.

Comment

There's always at least 1 v8 in my local junkyard you
              could probably get for under $200 complete on a holiday (half price)

This is southern California though. :(

Comment

Good price would be around 1000-1500€ with transmission and ALL the parts..
                - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                - E46 318i Touring -
                - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  There's always at least 1 v8 in my local junkyard you
                  could probably get for under $200 complete on a holiday (half price)

This is southern California though. :(
                  badass right?

were are blessed to live in socal

Comment

Working...
                  X