what kind of clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of clutch?

does everybody use? mine blew up in the middle of the highway today and im not sure which route to go. I was told it was a stage 2 clutch but idk. any suggestions? trans is out of a 535.

gripforce stage 3 m5 for me
    '89 335is +turbo

Comment

For a stock b35? OEM should be more than good enough.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Use a five puc...

I swear it's not like an on/off switch :p
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

i have a carbon/kevlar for mine, but i have yet to drive it.

Comment

tcd stage 1, feels great!

Comment

No sense putting anything else than stock clutch in there (if the engine is ~stock), everything else is simply waste of money.

If you want to upgrade, put Sachs Racing in there, not the BS mentioned in the posts above..
              - E34 M5 (x 2) -
              - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
              - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
              - E46 318i Touring -
              - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

^totally. Unless you drag race (3 puck!) :D

Here's a quote from mye28.com

Originally posted by Big Bronze Rim
                I am running an HD Sachs clutch right now and have read and heard that it is basically an M5 clutch. Mine has tolerated 330ft-lb (8.5 psi) for almost 2 years an has so far coped with another 3 psi of boost ( prob another 40-50 ft- lb) on top of that.
                Last edited by LowR3V'in; 04-11-2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
                  No sense putting anything else than stock clutch in there (if the engine is ~stock), everything else is simply waste of money.

If you want to upgrade, put Sachs Racing in there, not the BS mentioned in the posts above..
                  there you go again, belittling other peoples stuff without knowing any of the details.

I think a stock clutch woudl last about 2 weeks in my car with the direct port nitrous on it......

Comment

Originally posted by weaksauce View Post
                    there you go again, belittling other peoples stuff without knowing any of the details.

I think a stock clutch woudl last about 2 weeks in my car with the direct port nitrous on it......
                    well then your engine isn't really stock now is it... just sayin'

Comment

The real point is if you swapped an engine into your e30, leaving it stock is silly.
                      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by JPlue View Post
                        well then your engine isn't really stock now is it... just sayin'
                        i'm just saying, he called all the other suggestions basically "dumb"

Comment

^What nos kit you running?

I think he's trying to say if it's stock (chip/headers/whatever) there's not need
                          for an upgrade as far as holding power. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                            The real point is if you swapped an engine into your e30, leaving it stock is silly.
                            Well, it's 30% power increase anyways so it's not a bad deal. Stock clutch can handle 280-300hp, which is much more than most non-charged M30 swaps will ever make.

Originally posted by weaksauce View Post
                            i'm just saying, he called all the other suggestions basically "dumb"
                            Yea, to me "carbon/kevlar" or "five-puck" is more than dumb in stock M30. Just total waste of money, especially when buying that cheap ebay-shit with million words describing how it is lighter, stronger and cheaper than anything else..
                            - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                            - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                            - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                            - E46 318i Touring -
                            - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
                              Yea, to me "carbon/kevlar" or "five-puck" is more than dumb in stock M30. Just total waste of money, especially when buying that cheap ebay-shit with million words describing how it is lighter, stronger and cheaper than anything else..
                              i agree. mine is one of the UUC ones (which is probably the same crap as the ebay ones) but I'm starting off with a 115hp direct port shot, then after i get it sorted out, i'm going to bump it up to a 225hp shot.

it's already plumbed in, i just need to get my flywheel here, then it's all going in the car.

just to make you feel better Jonsku, i did pick up a m62b44 this weekend for my next project.

Comment

Working...
                              X