No announcement yet.

what kind of clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are going to boost or run nos or drag race the car, brand new stock clutch is fine and will last many years if you don't ride the clutch. No sense in putting a five-puck clutch on a street driven car...... seriously.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah, maybe the point has been made clear? :)

Originally posted by weaksauce View Post
      just to make you feel better Jonsku, i did pick up a m62b44 this weekend for my next project.

That's always good news, is it up'n'running this summer?
      - E34 M5 (x 2) -
      - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
      - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
      - E46 318i Touring -
      - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
        Yeah, maybe the point has been made clear? :)

That's always good news, is it up'n'running this summer?
        well here's the trick.....I have the green car (m30b35 with nitrous) to get running first, then sell it, then find another shell to accept the M62.

The interior for the green car has been at the upholstery shop for 6 months, and the flywheel i have is wrong, so I am waiting on a new aluminum one for it. So as soon as it gets done. then the next project is the M62. I am tempted to try to source a X5 tranny and transfer case and drop the M62 into my 68 FJ40 landcruiser instead of an E30......

Comment

I've been using a stock dual mass clutch with 10 psi for a while now and it hasn't blown up yet or really ever slipped. But it will soon :(
          '86 E30
          '05 E53 X5
          '72 Firebird
          '10 Prius
          '03 Tundra

Comment

i just use an unsprung clutch and its fine. i want to go to a stage three though

Comment

Working...
            X