M30 1/4 Mile times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 1/4 Mile times

I finally got the 335iC out to the drag strip last weekened......

....and was thoroughly disappointed :(

Specs:

'92 M-technic 325i Convertible
    ~3150lbs
    m30b35 w/ M5 FW/Clutch/PP
    Miller MAF/WAR
    3.73LSD
    *should* be around 240hp/240tq

R/T .150
    60' 2.189
    1/8 10.140
    MPH 71.77
    1/4 15.698
    MPH 90.59

Sad panda is sad :( I was hoping for way better than 15.6! Off to the Dyno...

Post up yours!

That's a 15.7 ;).

Maybe if there's more wind for sails on your boat next time, you can shave a few .10s off haha.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Finaly one of these was started.Id like to see how they compare to the 24vs. would like to see how most stack up to M50s
      84 318I Delphin RIP
      87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
      89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Darin, do you think this can be attributed to the nut behind the wheel? ;) Your car is a bit on the porky side but it seemed like it could do better than that. I remember it felt like about a 16 second car when it was full of people, minus 500lbs it should be a bit quicker.

Comment

Your car is as heavy or heavier than an e28 535i. If you want to see what your car is capable of look up e28 535i times for much larger sample size.

And I doubt you're at 240hp. With just miller's MAF and chip you should be at 230HP max. From the dynos that i've seen, it's safe to say 190 - 200 WHP with miller's MAF and chip.. and i've searched extensively, seen almost all of them. Most dynos are on mye28 and bimmerforums.

Here's miller's own dyno:

and some random NA m30 dynos with different mods:
          Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I'll put mine on the dyno maybe next weekend, along with s52 back to back, same dyno, same day, same temp just to compare the graphs.

I did low 14s in mine, and I could not launch for shit and this was on too stiff of a suspension for drag racing and on autocross tires lol.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The old no decal performance site quoted 14.1. That felt about right for me (with an EAT chip). Without a proper tune, the WAR chip and MAF don't do anything for power.
              '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
                The old no decal performance site quoted 14.1. That felt about right for me (with an EAT chip). Without a proper tune, the WAR chip and MAF don't do anything for power.
                Miller has performance tunes for the M30. That's what he's running.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

240hp is kinda unbelievable out of a stock m30.

Comment

Revive an old and I think needed thread.

Does anyone have any new/improved times? Just want a base line as to what a m30 e30 can do.

Cheers

Comment

I did find out that my TPS was bad and wasn't engaging the WOT maps in the ECU when the throttle was 100% open, so I replaced that and noticed a nice difference in my butt dyno. I'll have to try the 1/4 again and see what difference it made.

Comment

forget about the ET, the 91mph trap speed and 3100lb means you aren't even 200bhp. My guess would be 160whp on a dynojet
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

^^^^
                          Debbie downer over here...
                          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Are we counting turbo m30's? Mine did a pooie 13.7. That was with 3.73 open diff. Going back to the track on the 6th to try and get better time. Sadly my 3.25 lsd wont be installed by then. Woulda been great to have that in and throw some slicks on it.
                            89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                              forget about the ET, the 91mph trap speed and 3100lb means you aren't even 200bhp. My guess would be 160whp on a dynojet
                              damn, good guess! I put down about 165 whp with the bad TPS, I'm hoping now it's improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X