• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates?
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Still waiting on some parts and I gotta wait a paycheck or two before it goes to the machine shop. It is hard to watch it sit there, but I don't want to resort to using the credit card and this has been a month of unexpected expenses. I will update when things get moving though

Comment

m90 is poo.
        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Comment

So, not a lot of progress, but I got some things going to the machine shop over the next couple weeks, and some of the parts are rolling in. Got my kobelschmidt rod and main bearings, picking up the deves swedish steel rings tomorrow at the local german auto shop, my black friday sale haul from Ireland arrived (dual valve springs, retainers, stainless clutch line, steering rack guibo, front subframe weld plates), as well as the ultra-trick goodies from Milos - a overbored throttle body, and spin on oil filter adapter with vdo sending units for the gauges.

It's like christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	parts 001 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	7137092

Click image for larger version

Name:	parts 003 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	7137093

Comment

the short stroke is part of what makes the m90 the m90, why change it into another over bored m30.

i have a m90 crank that im keeping just in case i ever build a big six
              Anything can be done

Comment

Did you ever end up moving forward with this? I know its been a while... :P
                sigpic

Comment

hell of a bump

I take back everything stupid 2011 me said about M90s. The block that was in my 635 spent a bit of time in our Lemons car and is now being built for E9 CSL #001.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    hell of a bump

I take back everything stupid 2011 me said about M90s. The block that was in my 635 spent a bit of time in our Lemons car and is now being built for E9 CSL #001.
                    What combination did you end up trying? I have an m90 in pieces, and two m30b35s complete with all wiring and access. I think I am going to rebuilt the m90, but thinking about using the m30b35 head and intake etc. Or just use the m90 head, upgrade the cam, and at least convert it to motronic 1.3.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doughnut View Post
                      I kinda agree, m30 > m90.
                      How about an M30 with an M90 on the side?

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                        What combination did you end up trying? I have an m90 in pieces, and two m30b35s complete with all wiring and access. I think I am going to rebuilt the m90, but thinking about using the m30b35 head and intake etc. Or just use the m90 head, upgrade the cam, and at least convert it to motronic 1.3.
                        M90 head is effectively the same as a B34 head with a B35 cam in it.

I've run complete B35s, complete M90, and a few hybrids now. We're currently running a B35 block, B34 head and B35 K cam high-comp hybrid and it's maybe on par or a bit weaker than a full on B35, although I'm sure we're leaving something on the table from lack of high-comp-specific tune and port blending.

In your case, I'd run the M90 with the intake ports blended to match a B35 manifold and 1.3 electronics purely for reliability reasons - L-Jet stuff is ancient and flakey these days and I'm not sure that the bananafold is good for anything other than looking cool.

Depending on the M90 head you have, you might want to upgrade to a B34 head with the hole-type coolant passages rather than the slot type. The changeover was in '82 IIRC.

A B35 head on an M90 is going to lose power.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Oh heck no, I have the late m90 with motronic 1.1 intake manifold. Just dont know if there is really a benefit of reworking the head to fit the b35 intake mani.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X