easiest engine swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easiest engine swap.

my engine is on its way out and my tanny needs some work. i have an 85 318i, and i truly hate that engine and im looking for a resonable and reliable engine swap something that is easy and not another m10, i dont want to spend a ton of money like 1000-1500 i know i know its practicaly nothing for a swap but im just looking for opitons. please any advise on this.

i hate to tell you this but you can expect to pay at least that much to swap in another engine, especially something different
    sigpic

Comment

wait for pnp 50% off and you got yourself a m20b25 swap for half of your budget.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

what is pnp. and if i taking the engine out and putting the new one in dose that change anything?

Comment

Pick n Pull.

Comment

pnp has m50s sometimes that are alright.
            do dat.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Easy would be something that came in an E30. Somewhat easy, would be something that came in an E36, with the caveat that an OBDII engine would need to be converted to OBDI (96 and later cars would be OBDII).

Engines that came in other series BMWs (M30s, M60s, M7x, M/S54) go up the scale in difficulty depending on what engine you choose.
              The current fleet:
              1992 325ic: 148k-171k miles
              1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD, 114k-142k miles
              1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes Powerslot (not a car :D) PCM Ford 351W, 904 hours

Comment

Originally posted by strad View Post
                Easy would be something that came in an E30. Somewhat easy, would be something that came in an E36, with the caveat that an OBDII engine would need to be converted to OBDI (96 and later cars would be OBDII).

Engines that came in other series BMWs (M30s, M60s, M7x, M/S54) go up the scale in difficulty depending on what engine you choose.
                I'd put an m30 as probably the easiest non-e30 engine swap. M50 would be a close second and then comes the m60, m70 etc. Which are a lot of work for not much reward.

Comment

M30 FTW! You already have a gearbox that will fit it.
                  92 Opel Monza CLi 200i8v Exec
                  92 Opel Rekord 380GSiV6
                  87 BMW E30 335i (M30B35)
                  91 BMW E34 520i (M50B20) with Mtech Turbines
                  95 Hyundai Elantra with Mitsu 4G63
                  Three Aircooled VW Beetles
                  17.8Litres, 38cylinders, 10Cams and 84valves

Comment

Originally posted by Tino-m30b35 View Post
                    Really?! Which driveshaft would work?
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                      Really?! Which driveshaft would work?
                      Already answered your question in this thread.

Comment

wait i had no freaking idea that the m30 engine would bolt right to my car! that awsome. and will the 325i shaft fit in without on modification/ and will i have to do anything to my existing tranny? so far im really leaning for teh m30 that a great motor and has good power, well great power if you compaire what i have now. about how much do the m30's go for on average, would that still be within my buget?

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                          I'd put an m30 as probably the easiest non-e30 engine swap.
                          This.

Originally posted by Tino-m30b35 View Post
                          And That.

M30's somewhat straightforward, period correct, and much more fun than the m50, all that torque! Do it.

Comment

ya m going to do it. i only have two questions. first, when i pick up the motor what maintenace should i do on it so it is reuning the best it can. and secend, what is the name of the kid that sells the e30 m30 motor mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by mason6556 View Post
                              ya m going to do it. i only have two questions. first, when i pick up the motor what maintenace should i do on it so it is reuning the best it can. and secend, what is the name of the kid that sells the e30 m30 motor mounts.
                              I sell mounts for the B35 for $270 shipped.
                              Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X