M50 stroker/turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 stroker/turbo question

Been scoping around here for a while had a good search but cant find exactly what i need to know.

I have a M50B25 non vanos.

Firstly id like to increase the capactity then possibly turbo it.

1. Can i use the m50 pistons and rods(forged?) with a m54b30 crank?
    2. Can i use M50 pistons and rods with m52b28 crank?
    3. if not whats the best setup and why? id imagine forged internals is the way forward with the possibilty of turboing.

4. What compression ratios am i looking at with the above combinations? and are they safe for turboing with or would i use a different headgasket to lower compression ratios?

5. Management. Would a stroked engine run on the standard ecu or do i need a standalone unit?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by VeinyShaft View Post
    Been scoping around here for a while had a good search but cant find exactly what i need to know.

I have a M50B25 non vanos.

Firstly id like to increase the capactity then possibly turbo it.

1. Can i use the m50 pistons and rods(forged?) with a m54b30 crank?
    2. Can i use M50 pistons and rods with m52b28 crank?
    3. if not whats the best setup and why? id imagine forged internals is the way forward with the possibilty of turboing.

4. What compression ratios am i looking at with the above combinations? and are they safe for turboing with or would i use a different headgasket to lower compression ratios?

5. Management. Would a stroked engine run on the standard ecu or do i need a standalone unit?

Thanks in advance.
    I would ditch the non vanos engine and find a M52b28. Two reasons for this is that:
    You will need a standalone to run the NV there is no chip tune for it.
    Stock M52 with .140 Cometic headgasket, ARP head studs will be good for 450rwhp all day long on pump gas with a stock ECU chip tune larger injectors and MAF.
    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
    X