has anyone else ran into this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone else ran into this problem?

im doing an m30b35 swap into my e30 and i have an 89 325i AUTO engine harness...the engine harness seems to have a different plug for the M30 throttle body, i didnt seem to find any info on this..maybe i suck at searching? has anyone else run into this problem? from what im found online i thought an m20 harness was just straight forward..? do i use a different year m30 throttle body?
    cheers!

The manual and auto harnesses are the same, except the very late cabrio that came with the sport mode transmission (TPS has a 4 pin connector). Are you sure it's an 87 harness?
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Was the m30 from a something with ETC? Traction control, came on e34/e32 auto cars and the throttle will also have a little electric servo motor on it. It has a round connector with six or eight pins. If so you just need a different throttle body to match your harness.
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure certain year M30 autos had the 5 wire TPS with the round plug, is this what you have?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          The manual and auto harnesses are the same, except the very late cabrio that came with the sport mode transmission (TPS has a 4 pin connector). Are you sure it's an 87 harness?
          no its an 89 harness lol

Comment

To LJ & BMW student, ah, wasn't thinking it could have been the other way round as there were more "sport" auto boxes in the m30 cars DUH. Should just be able to swap to a manual TPS in that case...
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
              Was the m30 from a something with ETC? Traction control, came on e34/e32 auto cars and the throttle will also have a little electric servo motor on it. It has a round connector with six or eight pins. If so you just need a different throttle body to match your harness.
              yea my m30 throttle body has a 6 pin round connector, thanks man thats what i figured just thought if anyone would know for sure lol

Comment

the round tps is for the eml, just swap the tps off your m20 and use the m20 harness. It's a huge pita to splice the harness and remove the round connector.

Comment

Working...
                X