M30E30 rough idle, backfiring when getting on the throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck it, not giving up yet.
    so i'm rolling an e28 radiator, what kinda fan solutions do people run here?
    pretty sure it's a combination of the o2 sensor and my fan not running that killed my headgasket.
    I'm gonna see what stuff costs and THEN i'll quit lol.

Comment

See link in my sig

Comment

but there's really noone that knows the part number for the little rubber disks on the E28 radiator?

I think I've decided to fix it and keep running it, but not much point with no working cooling fan or gauge.

Comment

Assuming you're referring to #4. You'll need his friends too if you expect to use him. I cut a section from the front and placed it on the back so I could get the radiator closer to the core support.

Comment

hmm, that was what I was referring to, I suppose you're right, I can see the spacer has been discontinued?
            anywhere you can buy a kit with all these things in or something?

Comment

well shit... head's cracked, I have an m30b30 aswell, what happens if I put the head on there?
              I know it gets higher compression, but is there anything else I'd need to do or be aware of before I do it?

Comment

We never got the m30b30 here as far as I know

Comment

oh... well, i guess i'll just have to give it a try and see what happens.
                  money will be lost on this either way now.

Comment

Working...
                  X