• Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 turbo swap progress. Muwaahhhaahh

Stock block rebuild. 8:1 compression.
    Metric Mechanic head w/ 288 shrick cam
    Metric Mechanic Head Bolts
    Stock head gasket (for now)

Here is the original test fit to make sure the mounts worked with the 318i locations:

Then I pulled it back out and put the head on:

I also POR-15 the engine bay with some gloss black. Came out really well.

Here it is all ready to drop in:

And a little german love:

I'm should be getting a set of solid motor mounts in the next day or 2. For now I'm going to use new rubber mounts.

This weekend I'll be mounting the accesories, EDIS system, and start with the MegaSquirt wiring.

Flywheel is off for lighting today hopefully.

looking good man.. I really wish I had the time and money to build a motor, and completely redo my engine bay. Im hoping for next year to be the year of the rebuild.
    Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

That looks sweet man. So you are using a 318i for your swap? Which year? What wiring harness did you use? Im rewiring the c101 off an 86 325e harness, havent started yet though. Im using an 84 318i. Good luck with the rest of it! Keep us updated!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbixjr
        That looks sweet man. So you are using a 318i for your swap? Which year? What wiring harness did you use? Im rewiring the c101 off an 86 325e harness, havent started yet though. Im using an 84 318i. Good luck with the rest of it! Keep us updated!!
        Its a 85' 318i. I'm using MegaSquirt to control both fuel and spark. Basically making my own harness and tieing into the needed accessories. To make it easier I'm using VDO gauges in the dash so I dont have to deal with the hassle of adapting the different BMW gauges. I figure since the car will have a cage, race seats, etc., who gives a shit if it has the stock gauges.

I'm having 666 fabrication make a turbo mani to hold a Holset HX50w. Hoping to make some decent Hp.

Comment

Finally fitted in the bay for good:

Comment

Yoooo! Looking good man!

Whats up with that M10?? You still selling it?
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Wow, you're engine is positioned very far forward.. what kind of radiator you thinking of using?
              Recent Rebranding!!
              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
              Instagram.com/garageaholic
              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Acutally that was before I moved it back to position 2 (which is a 1" futher back) on the e30de mounts. I'm going to try and use the 318i rad but I'm not sure if it will have enough cooling capacity.

I ended up using more parts off the m10 then I originally thought. I still have the intake, head, and long block but everything else is used or sold.

Comment

Yeah, i am using the E30.de mounts ( i have an E32 engine)... i have it in position 2 and man let me tell u.. the E28 535i radiator is a tight, tight, TIGHT fit. but it cools it off bc it belongs to that engine...
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Man that thing is going to be STUPID fast. What numbers you expecting?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybpp
                      Acutally that was before I moved it back to position 2 (which is a 1" futher back) on the e30de mounts. I'm going to try and use the 318i rad but I'm not sure if it will have enough cooling capacity.

I ended up using more parts off the m10 then I originally thought. I still have the intake, head, and long block but everything else is used or sold.
                      All I basically need is the head and the long block. I can swap everything else out from my old m10.
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
                        All I basically need is the head and the long block. I can swap everything else out from my old m10.
                        Then it looks like you have dibs.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen
                          Man that thing is going to be STUPID fast. What numbers you expecting?
                          Hoping for 400 hp at 15psi. Considering TCD cars are doing 350+hp with a freaking FMU, I think I can hit 400 with MegaSquirt. I think either hp is going to make for a nasty street car, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybpp
                            Hoping for 400 hp at 15psi. Considering TCD cars are doing 350+hp with a freaking FMU, I think I can hit 400 with MegaSquirt. I think either hp is going to make for a nasty street car, lol.

I hit 335 tq at the wheels at 10psi and I had to shut it down due to detnation I did not have the inner cooler hooked up

Comment

I have been looking at your ^^^^^^^ cardomain website. Very nice work. How much did the TCD water intercooler cost you?

Comment

Working...
                              X