m30 swap into a 84 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update!

Swap may take place very soon - car will be heading in for paint in the next couple of weeks.
    My question is will my 84 eta driveshaft fit with my m30b35 transmission I got?
    I've heard I need to swap the output flange on it but will it fit length-wise?

The only parts I need left are:
    -late m20 wiring harness
    -clutch/flywheel
    -e28 rad/SPAL fan

Comment

Yes the eta 2.7 engines had the larger output flange so your driveshaft is good to go!

Glad to hear your project is coming along nicely
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Thats awesome! Saves me a lot of time figuring out the DS combos.
        I'll be picking up an e28 winter beater soon and then beginning work on the swap!

I'll try to update with pictures later tonight if I remember to.
        Thanks Burnsie

Comment

As far as I know only the later eta cars (1987ish) had the larger output flange. That being said you can use the smaller regular flange with moderate power levels.
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Drive shaft will not work. Look for an output shaft flange for the m20 manual trans, or a late '86 or any '87 eta, or 88 'eta' driveshaft, if you're using the m30 g260

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
            sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Alright, so i need to either swap the output flange on my transmission or find a different driveshaft to fit?

Can I mate the front half of a e28/e34 driveshaft to the back of an e30 driveshaft?
              I have a hookup on cutting/rebalancing driveshafts..

Whats my best option here?

Comment

E28 shaft will mate to the e30 rear half. Some people say the e34 front half 'works' but the one I saw had a bolt holding the two shafts together, not the big nut, so I didn't pull it. Was too tired.

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
                sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Working...
                X