m30 turbo clutch options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m30 turbo clutch options.

I'm boosting my m30, using Otis(good&tight)'s turbo m30 build as a guideline(minus the custom cams). The car should make 5+ at the wheels and I don't trust the m30/s38 clutch options on the market, in a drifting application. That said, there are excellent clutch options for the m/s5x engines out there and so my question is; if I use an m/s5x flywheel+ring gear, starter and clutch, will it 1. definitely bolt up to my m30 crank/work unmodified, without causing any issues and 2. definitely work with the getrag 265 input shaft?

P.s. Yes, I used the search function before writing this. I just didn't really find the exact answer I was looking for. There's a lot of "this should work, that should be ok" but, I'm looking for a more solid answer. Thanks in advance :up:
    -There are two undeniable truths in the tuning world; No matter how much money you put into that Honda, it's still a Honda, and no matter how little I put into My bimmer , It's still a bimmer.-

update: upon further research, I've learned that the input shafts are the same diameter/spline count, so as long as the stack height is the same/close between the two, it should work fine, on the tranny side. Also, both clutches use a 240mm disc. so basically, now I just need to know if an m/s52 flywheel and starter, will bolt up to an m30 and function properly and the stack height difference(if any exists).
    -There are two undeniable truths in the tuning world; No matter how much money you put into that Honda, it's still a Honda, and no matter how little I put into My bimmer , It's still a bimmer.-

Comment

Originally posted by Jroc81 View Post
      ... I don't trust the m30/s38 clutch options on the market, in a drifting application. That said, there are excellent clutch options for the m/s5x engines out there
      That's funny, because I have a 24v and (while I don't need anything crazy) I feel the complete opposite.

Loads of people are running the M30/S38 single mass flywheel + sintered clutch disc + Sachs 765 Pressure plate. Nisse (https://youtu.be/nM-dXMMdAMs) is running ~765hp through this setup on a 24v, and Matti (https://youtu.be/q0fqgfLgde0) is running 1000+ this year through his M20.

I think there's an equivalent sachs race clutch for the 24v style flywheels, but then you'd be stuck with either a dual mass flywheel, or have to buy an aftermarket single mass one anyway.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

It's not so much that I believe there aren't m30/s38 clutches that will hold the power, as it is about me not trusting them to stand up to +/-600 crank horse, in a drifting application(clutch kicking at the top of the rev range and spending most of the run, nearly at redline).

Comment

Working...
        X