Rotary E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotary E30?

I was recently offered an E30 without a engine/trans for very cheap and was thinking about what I can do. At first I was pretty set on a 5.3 LM7 swap, but recently I have become very interested in rotary engines.

Does anyone make a 13B swap kit? The engine itself is pretty small so I'm sure there will be enough room for it. Does anyone have any experience in this swap?

I was hoping to use a RX-7 Series 5 Transmission and a 13btt.

Kit? No

I don't even know if its been done before, although I think there are pictures of one rotary e30. Good luck on the project. It going to be a lot of custom work and figuring out stuff by yourself.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by jax View Post
      I was recently offered an E30 without a engine/trans for very cheap and was thinking about what I can do. At first I was pretty set on a 5.3 LM7 swap, but recently I have become very interested in rotary engines.

Does anyone make a 13B swap kit? The engine itself is pretty small so I'm sure there will be enough room for it. Does anyone have any experience in this swap?

I was hoping to use a RX-7 Series 5 Transmission and a 13btt.

My good mate has a 13b powered e30(well 2 of them), all the mounts were custom fabricated for his build. It will be a mater of fabricating as you go, all I can say is well worth it in the end cause if his car is absolutely mental.

As for a gearbox go the Toyota r154 saves you fitting the rx7 box blowing it up, then having to change it for an r154 down the track.

Long way between the States & Aus but PAC performance in Australia did lots of the build but lots of parts where made by his fabricator & provided to them. But here is some inspiration for you http://www.pacperformance.com.au/car...r-e30-bmw.aspx

Comment

This right here is a 13b-REW e30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
        Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
        1967 2002 parts car
        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Why rotary?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
          X