Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    I agree its a good swap into an s2000 if your resources have more K engines than F avail; I.E. snow states where there are no s2000's crashed because they are all garage queens. OR if your friends company does alot of K swaps and you can just access everything; not the case here or for most s2000 owners

In CA or TX or FL or NJ however the importation of overseas F20's is still there.; Also there are always S2000's being crashed on the track every weekend - S2k, E46M, e36m (sometimes moneyshifted) will always be good donors for e30 engine swaps.

K series into s2000 just not done that often because to one up the F20/22 or F24 or F26 the K series motor needs to be built to the sky. I'd like one myself but perhaps installed in a DC2 :). Locals are building the F20/f22 to output 235-245rwhp on pump garbage 91 octane.
    Dynapack dynos; local and more than one of friends shops.

the K23 is the inexpensive and ideal option if possible; it would make any e30 have 4g63 style response for turbo light up with the reliability of abuse my friends wife puts it through

the 2018 accord motor will be the go to, both 1500 and 2000cc.

I think a 1500cc would be an epic sleeper in an e30 and handle extremely good for daily/mountain road use.

ok I think the horse is dead. your opinion is valid and the environment for swaps is different in different regions of the country. we get that there are other swaps that might be better (surprised the LS swap people haven't made it in here yet) but everyone has different goals

with that being said, stay on topic rather than going back and forth on K this or F that. the important thing is a kit is going to be made for a Honda swap that people have interest in. this kit with minor work could be used for F swaps too, just reverse the s2000 k swap process. this will only help grease the wheels for more Honda swaps.

kmiata, do you know what kind of time frame you'd be looking at for the kit to be ready? end of the year? sooner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jwal View Post
      I'm with you on the feeling aspect. I'm working on an M4x for my 318is, but I can't think of how an all aluminum Honda motor could be heavier than an iron block M42.
      I was saying that I struggle with the idea of pulling out an m42 and putting a 24 valve in, like the m52 and all the swap stuff I have currently. I assumed that a k24 would be comparable to an m42 weight wise, and just carry a bit more of a punch.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

I can't see how swapping and M42 with a K24 is going to add 100lbs to the front end. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Comment

^it wouldn't, I was talking about adding a 24v etc, just wasnt clear enough. The k24 is the first swap that I've seen which has the potential to keep the handling of the 318is alive
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
            ^it wouldn't, I was talking about adding a 24v etc, just wasnt clear enough. The k24 is the first swap that I've seen which has the potential to keep the handling of the 318is alive

Dang, you're getting so many comments on that miscommunication haha. Sorry about that, I should have figured you were referring to a 24v swap

Comment

I was always curious about an aluminum V6 swap, as the weight should be similar, as well as the size and center of gravity.

I understand that V6s are crap in general, and only exist for packaging purposes, but that doesn't mean good ones don't exist.

Comment

^ been wondering about this too. Why do V6's suck so much?

The "legendary" accord v6 makes similar power to an m52 and could potentially be rigged for a rwd setup...
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Er, why do V6s suck so much? I don't think they sound that good, but otherwise, I've never heard that they "sucked." Is it just a matter of balance? I know I6s are good in that way, I can imagine V6s aren't.

Comment

Yeah, the biggest complaint is the harmonic balancer of the engine design. The only system more balanced than an I6 is a V12, and I believe that the V6 is the least balanced.

That being said, not all V6s have the same level of balance concerns. There are many now that are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      Er, why do V6s suck so much? I don't think they sound that good, but otherwise, I've never heard that they "sucked." Is it just a matter of balance? I know I6s are good in that way, I can imagine V6s aren't.
                      I think its partially a matter of balance, but you just rarely hear about sporty, tuneable v6's (other than the occasional very pricey v6's that come very built from the factory)
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        ^ been wondering about this too. Why do V6's suck so much?

The "legendary" accord v6 makes similar power to an m52 and could potentially be rigged for a rwd setup...

J32 will put down 255fwhp stock with lots of torque; been done in time attack eg’s with success (guesswork eg)

Also local friends na mx5. He’s broken a few mx5 gearboxes though and gone through a few engines/oil pan configs.

J32 also fits to the s2000 trans with adapters and work and is avail up to 3700cc.

Most cheap junkyard variants are 3200cc

Is it better than a s52? Not really if the chassis is natively bmw and bolts in a s52. E36 is close enough to a e30 in packaging for powertrain

This local j swap s2000 lost to a local Edge motorworks e36m with my os giken rear end powered by original s52 in st4 class quali and race.

Last edited by Wanganstyle; 04-06-2018, 04:18 PM.
                        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I might catch flack for this but I would LOVE a Honda V6 in my E30. My daily driver is an 05 Pilot and the J35 in that is a gem of an engine. Smooth, torquey, loads of low end grunt and a fantastic V-tec wail up top. It's almost quicker to 100 than my M50 swapped E30 is.

I love the idea of the K24 swap, I doubt I'd realistically do it myself but if the option is there in the future I'd consider it.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Quite an unintentionally wayward thread yall got going here.

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
                              Quite an unintentionally wayward thread yall got going here.
                              lol yeah whoops went on a fat tangent. I think the thread title itself is more of a conversation starter than anything.
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I just want an update on how the project is going, I want to see a k in an e30 bay
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X