Injectors - rebuild or new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injectors - rebuild or new?

I was replacing a bunch of vacuum lines this weekend, and pulled my injectors as part of that process. In addition to being gunked up, the plastic is pretty old and brittle on the end of the injectors. It's bad enough that the little plastic supports around the pintle are all breaking off when I try to pull off the old o-rings (see pic). Does it matter if all these little bits break off? And at this point, can I have these injectors rebuilt, or is it better to just buy new ones? I've never really had to deal with injectors this old, so I'm not sure at what point they need to be serviced or replaced.

Thanks!

Get the 4 pintle ones out of the early e36. Same exact specs, just 4 vs single pintle

Comment

Do they work better? Also do you have a part number? I searched a couple early E36 318 models on FCP and came back with the same part numbers as for the E30 318is.

Can I use these Bosch injectors? I can't tell from FCP's site if they will work or not: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...tor-0280150714

Comment

Just send them to Sssquid Tuning for cleaning & flow matching. You'll get new o-rings, filters & pintle caps. It's relatively cheap, fast and they do good service. There is really not any advantage to the 4 pintle ones, as much as it seems like atomization might be better, it probably isn't. If anything, the spray pattern might be a little different and that would not necessarily help things.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

To me, it's worth the trouble to switch to the 4 pintle. I don't think BMW would spec a new part if there was not a benefit.

From RealOEM here is a list of all the early inj. part #'s
          03 Injection valve 4 01/1994 13641466116 $72.50 ENDED
          03 Injection valve 4 01/1994 13641466395 $41.70
          03 Injection valve BOSCH 4 01/1994 13641726988 $137.88 ENDED
          03 Injection valve BOSCH 4 01/1994 13641706176 $113.07
          03 Injection valve LUCAS 4 01/1994 13641739242 $122.42

I
          I got mine at the pick and pull and cleaned them my self. U can use the syringe method but I think it's better to rig up a fuel pump / 1 gallon gas can and a 9 volt battery to fire them many times..

My sets came from a 93 318, They are marked Lucas D3761fa and match the specs of the e30 ones, just 4 pintle vs. single.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
            Just send them to Sssquid Tuning for cleaning & flow matching. You'll get new o-rings, filters & pintle caps. It's relatively cheap, fast and they do good service. There is really not any advantage to the 4 pintle ones, as much as it seems like atomization might be better, it probably isn't. If anything, the spray pattern might be a little different and that would not necessarily help things.
            Thanks for the advice guys! I ended up finding a local shop to rebuild them for me. They also gave me new o-rings, pintle caps, and filters. I'm trying to keep the car pretty close to OEM where possible, plus I'd rather not shell out for new injectors when these could just be cleaned up.

Comment

Working...
            X