Autowerks Racing Performance Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autowerks Racing Performance Chip

Does anyone know anything about Autowerks Racing performance chips? I bought a 318is last year and finally got around to opening the ECU. When I opened it up I found it had been chipped, but a Google search didn’t yield much about Autowerks Racing.
    Attached Files

It is hard to say. Lots of the chips out there are clones of Conforti and Dinan tunes, which IMO are not very good. If the car runs well then that much is good at least. If you want to go with a known good tune, I highly recommend Sssquid Tuning. They have the best M42 tunes out there IMO.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thanks. The car does run well, but the plan was always to run Sssquid with 19 lb/hr injectors. Hopefully that will step things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by turner.e30 View Post
        Thanks. The car does run well, but the plan was always to run Sssquid with 19 lb/hr injectors. Hopefully that will step things up a bit.
        Don't expect too much, especially coming from an existing chip, it's still an M42, and while Sssquid's work will yield some improvement the largest thing that normally ends up being felt is the raising of the rev limit.

Comment

My 318is came with a Dinan when I had the engine rebuilt by Eric Kerman, from Long Island, NY. Don't know much about the Dinan chip. I did advance the intake cam about 4 degrees and that seems to help. I guess the Dinan gave me a higher rev redline too but the M42 at top rpm's isn't really pulling anymore. It's kinda tapped out at that point .You feel it more from 3.5k and upwards to rev limit. That's where the fun is.
          dlm ny coutry

Comment

Working...
          X