Check Engine Light, flickers on and off, but gives code with stomp test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Engine Light, flickers on and off, but gives code with stomp test

I have been hunting down my 1224 code on my E30 318is, and sure, i may need to drop $1k on a new MAF, but i can’t find info on how to test the pins on the connector anywhere. The light flashes when im driving, and i find it hard to believe if that was a constant issue it would flicker as such. How can i test if its a connection somewhere? How can i actually test the MAF? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My CEL has recently begun to flicker on and off as well. Never on steady, never on at start but once warm it will flicker. I am assuming my SI batteries are on the way out and this has nothing to do with the actual CEL. Car is running excellent. I have not stomp tested for codes, your post has me rethinking this whole situation. perhaps bmwman91 can shed some light on the complexities of the CEL, SI batteries, ECU?

Comment

I too had flicker light syndrom and can confirm (for my case) that changing the batteries "fixed" it.

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
      1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
      1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
      2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

Comment

Originally posted by jsnppp View Post
        I too had flicker light syndrom and can confirm (for my case) that changing the batteries "fixed" it.
        did you get a code with it? Rrally dont wanna do the batteries lol

Comment

Working...
        X