Overheating Porblem and some QUESTIONS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating Porblem and some QUESTIONS!

WILL AN E36 318IS RADIATOR FIT IN AN E30 318IS???? RADIATOR LOOKS THE SAME BUT IDK LET ME KNOW THANKS

ok my 1991 318is e30 is overheating badly, not sure what the problem but i pulled thermostat and it didnt make a difference, then pulled water pump and discovered alot of corrosion on it and behind it but it rotated fine so im going to do a flush after replaceing radiator(discolored) and water pump, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IN THE CASE THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT THE HEAD IS WARPED IF THE HEAD GASKET WENT OUT??????????

Has the temp gone really high, and many times? If so, yours chances for warpage have gone up.
    Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
    BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

depends how many times and how long you let her run in the red zone...

Comment

the head gasket will be damaged if u run it too hot for too long. i suggest doing a cooling system refresh. and a "mess under the intake" cleanup.

i had the same issue with the car running hot. first i replaced the water pump because of a leak. the pump was destroyed and corroded had to be pryed out. when i did that it still run a bit hot then the heater valve in the car burst. so i bypassed the heater. then the radiator expansion tank seal at the bottom started to leak so i bought a new radiator. i went mishimoto with late model expansion tank setup. i also changed the thermostat to an 88deg wahler and got new hoses and a new thermostat housing. and so far so good. i would suggest you go onto m42club.com and check out the threads there. they are specific to the m42 engine. i look there for m42 specific things.

when you fix one thing other things will tend to break at the weak points. so expect to spend a lot of money. that way if you end up having to do major work ur not dissappointed.

i suggest you do a lot of research with the 318is they are unique cars. im learning as i go but ive read a lot about them so far and im doing a lot of the work and some preventive maintenance.

Comment

Working...
        X