Yay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay.

Pulled the head today, found a seeping profile gasket. I'm taking the opportunity to delete the TB heater and to install an e36 electric fan/switch.
    Attached Files

I nearly blew my own gasket while trying to figure out how to get the TB/lower heater off of the upper manifold.

FS: qty. 1 throttle body anti-theft device aka lower TB heater, $1 shipped. Heh.
    Attached Files

Comment

you may want to check your valve seat angles. the lighter color shows you may not be transferring enough heat through the valves to the head.

you prolly already know that tho

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Yeah, they looked a little ashy to me too. They're so evenly colored that I chalked it up to my driving behavior.:)

I dunno though, this is the first time I've pulled an m42 head. I have seen newer Japanese e.v.'s look a lot like that. Think I should tear it down? Only has 120k on the clock.

Comment

i think with 120k on that head its looking pretty good
          and if you know that was your problem ( the profile gasket) Id just plug and play

Comment

Originally posted by 3bvert View Post
            i think with 120k on that head its looking pretty good
            and if you know that was your problem ( the profile gasket) Id just plug and play
            Everything's back together, and this is the route I took.

Although it looked kinda crusty I'm beginning to have doubts about the profile gasket being the source of my crankcase moisture. At the slow rate my coolant's been disappearing I'm beginning to wonder if #26 is somehow seeping into #17. Found vanilla shake+water in #17. Any thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

Quick pic of everything back together. TB heater deleted, cam cover and intake manifold painted, and e36 electric fan/fan switch installed. I had to unbolt the fan motor and fan and move it to the inside of the shroud in order for the assembly to clear the water pump.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ryann; 01-15-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

nice work man. looks great

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                Ig:ryno_pzk
                I like the tuna here.
                Originally posted by lambo
                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                X