Comment

you get anywhere with this?
      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Just curious if this was ever resolved?

Comment

Here's a video I posted years ago.. hope it helps some people. It turned out to be my CRANKSHAFT Position Sensor.

Been having this problem on and off, but now it seems like it is occurring all the time. Car will not rev past 5,000 RPM.. hesitates and stutters like it is ...
          My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

It looks like previous owner for my car replaced the crank sensor already. I did however purchase a replacement one from eBay. Brand new Bosch and issue still persisted. If anything made it worse because I couldn’t get the car to stay on after cranking over until I twisted the crank sensor away a bit. The Allen bolt that holds it down isn’t even lined up with the hole but at least keeps the car running.

Did you replace your crank sensor with the OEM BMW sensor that is like $240+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update:

So I replaced the crank sensor with a Bmw OEM crank sensor. On the catalog it is listed as pulse generator. Now the car has power through the gears and no longer bogs when cold. Steer clear from Bosch crank shaft sensors as the OHM readings are out of spec!

The previous owner of my 318i replaced the crank sensor with a Bosch one, I did not realize it until removing it to replace it with another Bosch one. Save yourself the trouble and don’t use aftermarket sensors for the M42 as the car seems to not like it very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has your problem been solved with new CPS?
                My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Working...
                X