Oxygen Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen Sensors

Any recommendations regarding the Oxygen sensors for these? The OEM ones are anywhere from $120-$150, and there are a couple of universals for $39-$79.

Anybody have issues with the generic units?
    sigpic

any four wire oxy sensor will work
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Universal ones work fine. I had one in my old e30 never hand an issue.

Comment

95 and older ford mustang o2 works too. 40 some bucks almost anywhere

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Sweet, thanks Guys.

Is it hard to splice the wires together to reuse the old connector? Will they be obvious once I get into them?
          sigpic

Comment

nope not hard at all. just match the colors with the old connector and your in good shape.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

just get an OEM sensor from blunt, dont be splicing your wiring...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                just get an OEM sensor from blunt, dont be splicing your wiring...
                That would be great...if you actually had one listed on your website.
                sigpic

Comment

fyi matt you slice the old oxy sensors wiring
                  Originally posted by bmwm42
                  PNW vulture pm me for parts
                  Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

The BMW part numbers are Bosch items but the original numbers are superseded now. You just have to find what the correct cross reference number is.

I did a Google search and found a second hand O2 sensor for sale that listed the OEM number, then I did a search on the Bosch Australia website and it has a table listing the OEM number, new direct replacement number that it has been replaced with, and the universal number.

I am on another computer and it is crashing when i try to open Acrobat so i cant look at the PDF, but the information is out there. I got the new part number one for like 5-10$ more than the universal. i haven't yet had a chance to fit it but it is listed as the direct replacement and from looking at the plug i am confident it is the correct direct fit plug. I am going home this evening later on so i will get the new Bosch number for you if you would like...

Comment

FYI if anyone searches this topic up later for reference, the Bosch Direct Replacement part number is 0 258 005 325

Comment

Originally posted by rjcaptsean View Post
                        That would be great...if you actually had one listed on your website.
                        Dont be ignorant, Im not blunt, and how can someone list 5 million parts on 1 wesite? You email him you tool

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                        fyi matt you slice the old oxy sensors wiring
                        Yes I know, Im a big fan of not cutting wires if you dont have to...

I bought a new o2 sensor for my 318is back in the day was like 80 or 90 from BMAparts

EDIT the BMA 1 is 94$, that is Bosch ( when it comes to my car, I spend a little more $ for better brands, FYI might be cheaper through blunt, my m50 1 as 70-75$ I think)

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Or you can just get the mustang one, which is the EXACT SAME Bosch one and splice it in just like every other car on the road. I don't think most people realize this, but a LOT of O2 sensors come with no connector and need to be spliced in. As long as you do it right, it will be just as good as not splicing it.

With the BMW one, you are basically paying for the connector and mark-up because it is a "BMW part".

Comment

Going to get a o2 sensor for my 318is soon. I know I need four wires, but can anyone tell me what year I would need for that mustang? Also would the 94 ford econoline 5.8 o2 sensor work?

Comment

I went ahead and got the one for the econoline. Splice the wire together and go the car running. It believe it runs the same. Not to sure about how it affects my bad gas mileage yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X