m42 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m42 question

Alright so I just bought a 318 and I've been doing some reading on it. So somewhere I saw that you can adjust the intake cam for some hp gain. Does anybody know how much a shop would charge, is it really worth it and how significant are the gains? Thanks

.02, don't waste the cash on it. Get all of your maintenance done, and start saving to replace the timing components if they haven't been replaced yet. Put the money towards an oil pan gasket, and take it off to look for loose bolts. Meow.

Comment

Timing chains were recently done. What loose bolts are you talking about, on the oil pan itself?

Comment

The lower oil pan is separate from the upper portion. The 10mm bolts in the upper oil pan like to back out, and drop into the oil pan itself. Dropping the lower pan also lets you see if there are any bits of plastic in it. My engine had 153k~ on it when I took mine off, and I found this:

Comment

Oh my. I know what im doing next weekend. If I can scrounge up the money for oil and jack my car up hahaha thanks alot

Comment

fuk hell no...recently i just bought my 318 with 200,000 as well...I am going to do this tonight or tomorrow..

Comment

you can advance your exhaust cam to get a little more torque. makes it feel like a bigger engine. +6 degrees here makes a noticeble difference. I do it to build boost a little faster, but thats just me.

advance the timing and adjust by yourself. its easy.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
              X