not getting power to the fuel pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not getting power to the fuel pump.

i tried searching and read a few things but nothing that helped.

so i am not getting power at the fuel pump for some reason.
    the pump is working. i hooked it up to a power source and it pumped well but when i crank over the engine or turn the key it donest pump. i was thinking it was a ground wire or something.

it was working literally a week ago but now nothing. i did change the ALT and didnt hook up that ground wire from the engine to the ALT. idk if that would really be a problem since the ALT is touching the engine anyways.

im going to try to power the fuel pump with my power source and try to start my car. because the damn thing isnt starting!!!

LMK what could cause the fuel pump not to start. i was thinking crank shaft sensor, but i thought that controls the Injectors.

idk. maybe a relay went out.
    Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
    HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

check the main relay(should be white) buy putting power to 85 and grounding 86.

30 and 86 on the harness should be hot all the time.

if thats ok move to the fuel pump relay(orange) 86 should be hot with the key on and 30 should be hot all the time i think.

check the relay the same as the other

Comment

or stick a test light on fuse 11 as you crank the engine if it flashes im pretty sure that means its all working correct

Comment

Originally posted by dustyperez View Post
        check the main relay(should be white) buy putting power to 85 and grounding 86.

30 and 86 on the harness should be hot all the time.

if thats ok move to the fuel pump relay(orange) 86 should be hot with the key on and 30 should be hot all the time i think.

check the relay the same as the other
        Originally posted by dustyperez View Post
        or stick a test light on fuse 11 as you crank the engine if it flashes im pretty sure that means its all working correct
        cool im going to try it right now..... i might just be out of gas but i dont think so

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

I had similar issue, it turned out the connector to the fuel pump did not have proper connection.
          I also never got any current to the fuel pump, but once the connector got fixed, the engine fired right up.

Comment

Get a DMM out and check for 12V on the top terminal block on the firewall. You'll see the main big one that the 15mm black wire goes into...that is not the one you want to check. You want to check the smaller one above it that the ~4mm black wire goes into. It is a separate 12V circuit for the fuel system. A lot of guys have had a broken connection in that at the fusible link in the trunk. If you don't see 12V there, then you'll need to find a parts car to pull one from, cut out the old one and splice in a new one.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Check fuses and relays. I have a fuel pump relay give up and i could start the car.

Track car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=2214204

Street car

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=307890

Comment

k i fixed the pump problem and now the fuel injectors arent firing. i take it its the CPS

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Working...
                X