Small amount of Chunder on dipstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small amount of Chunder on dipstick

Hey so I was checking my oil the other day, and when I pulled it out I saw some milkshake looking crap on it and I almost shit my pants. Decided to drain the oil and it wasn't Milky at all :/ But everytime I put the dipstick back in I see more chunder on it. My coolant level does seem to be slowly going down but It also looks like my rad has a tiny leak. The car runs great, but what could cause there to be water in my oil?

Check to make sure the dipstick is sealing against the tube. condensation/water might be getting in through the dipstick. Check under the oil fill cap for milkshake. If it looks good then I don't think you have a head gasket issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SedanSandwich View Post
      Check to make sure the dipstick is sealing against the tube. condensation/water might be getting in through the dipstick. Check under the oil fill cap for milkshake. If it looks good then I don't think you have a head gasket issue.

Yea the cap is totally clean, it seems to be on the upper part of the dipstick too though. Must just be a moisture thing.

Comment

It's the moisture thing, my dipstick only does it during the winter but not during the summer, idk why. But its definetly moisture, I have ZERO headgasket probs.

Comment

I got the same thing man I freaked out first time I saw it. zero hg issues here aswell.

Heres what I did, go down to your local autoparts store pull your dipstick, bring into the store tell the guys you need some O-rings. Take a knife cut the old o-ring find the diameter you need but a little bit beefier and get 2 and replace the ones on your dipstick for a better seal. If you're like me and check fluids religiously then its just a good peace of mind thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
            I got the same thing man I freaked out first time I saw it. zero hg issues here aswell.

Heres what I did, go down to your local autoparts store pull your dipstick, bring into the store tell the guys you need some O-rings. Take a knife cut the old o-ring find the diameter you need but a little bit beefier and get 2 and replace the ones on your dipstick for a better seal. If you're like me and check fluids religiously then its just a good peace of mind thing.
            This is a great suggestion! As long as you do remember that the auto parts store may not have what you need, and then you will be unhappy. If going this route get 2x the number of o-rings you need as you are somewhat likely to break the top off of your dip stick (if original) seating or unseating it.

Comment

Shorter trips do this. After a week of commuting in the winter, (6 miles) my cap looks
              like 'off with it's head'. A good 20- mile blast cleans it right up.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Glad I came across this. I noticed the "chunder" the other day and got nervous.
                1987 Toyota MR2: 20v blacktop screamer
                sigpic
                2013 Subaru BRZ: the new hotness
                1991 318is Alpine White: sold
                1989 325i Alpine White: sold

Comment

Working...
                X