M20 injectors in M42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 injectors in M42

Looking to get my injectors cleaned, don't want any downtime as car is my DD, so I'd be sending in M20 injectors. How do they compare to M42 ones? Not really looking for any specific performance gain..just need my car to idle better and retain it's MPG ha.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

You will run lean. Very lean. Don't do it.

Do you have any reason to believe that your injectors would be plugged up?

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
      You will run lean. Very lean. Don't do it.

Do you have any reason to believe that your injectors would be plugged up?
      No reason at all. Simply maintenance. Replacing the fuel filter as well. I'm sure 100k injectors will not work as well as injectors that have been flow tested and proven to work well.
      Originally posted by TSI
      ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
      OEM+

Comment

M42 ones are 19 lb/hr, M20 ones are 14.5 lb/hr. You can rebuilt ones for about the same as it costs to get your's cleaned. JustExtreme (on this site) has taken over Mak's service but his post says he's out of the 19 lb/hr Mustang injectors currently.

I happen to have 4 non-rebuilt 19 lb/hr Mustang injectors that I have tried and the function fine. You could use them as they are or send them out for cleaning while you keep your stock ones in your DD. $25 shipped.

Comment

Working...
        X