Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M42 Vehicle Speed Sensor/ Timing off/ Bad Idle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    what about fuel pump? checked pressure?
    Nope I have not. I figured my problem either lies in the fuel pump or the timing is off. I will get on testing that fuel pump though.

Chances of it being the fuel pump though?? I figured its not since the car doesn't break up at higher RPM's.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Comment

hmmmm it cant really be timing... The car drove fine and then all the sudden this happened timing is unlikely.

It very well could be a weak pump. Weird things happen when they start to fail. How many miles are on the current pump?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
        hmmmm it cant really be timing... The car drove fine and then all the sudden this happened timing is unlikely.

It very well could be a weak pump. Weird things happen when they start to fail. How many miles are on the current pump?
        Probably infinity miles. Just kidding, but a lot. I'm gonna guess 80k-100k. Doesn't whine or anything. I've put 21,000 miles on this car, the idle has always been erratic like it is now. The pump would have gotten gradually weaker I feel.
        Originally posted by TSI
        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
        OEM+

Comment

dont throw parts at it. Get a fuel pressure tester and see where you are at. report back after. its something stupid. eliminate easy things first.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

check your harmonic balancer
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

just found this from digging for solutions to my current problem and it sounds very similar if not identical. was this ever resolved?

Comment

Working...
              X