No announcement yet.

M42 gods... Shine thy light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced what looked to be an original o2 sensor. Car is now idling fine and throttle response feels improved lets see what happens over the next few days. I had to use a blow torch and vice grips for an hour to get this thing out.. then had to chase the threads in the bunghole lol as i stripped out half of them.

Comment

Dear god.

And yeah, bung hole lol.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        dear god.

And yeah, bung hole lol.
        ;)

Comment

Welp O2 sensor seemed to have done the trick. But it still kinda sounds cammed i kinda like it ;) but... that means there has to be something still wrong. Nice 1st start of the morning at a nippy 34 degrees. That M42 tho... noisy little bastard ain't it?

Comment

What's this grey wire thing I just read about? I'm having similar problems with my m42

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
              What's this grey wire thing I just read about? I'm having similar problems with my m42
              Grey wire is a mythical beast for M42's.... No its for Catted and non catted cars. If you run a cat its supposed to be plugged in (i think please someone slap my pee pee if im wrong) if you run no cat unplugged. You would know if its a problem your car would buck like a bronco and die. Its in the engine bay where you reset your oil inspection lights. pull back that big piece of plastic right next to it on the left and there will be a wiring loom and it should be the only wire exposed.

on another note for anyone who can help. i started my car twice this morning after a week of it driving perfect, it started immedieatly shot to 2k rpm then died twice. the third time I gave it throttle and it came back to with no problems so far. it was weird... any inputs?

Comment

Ah ok I'll check it out then thanks for that

Comment

So I have a cat and mine wasn't plugged in so I connected it and it runs the same, I had a O2 sensor code so I have a new O2 sensor coming next week

Comment

Working...
                  X