M40 sump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M40 sump question

Hey guys, i've got a question about the M40 sump. I know you didn't get those in the US, but its very similar to the M42.
    My car is lowered on coilovers, the rear seats nice, but i would like to lower the front a little more, the problem is - the lower sump. It sits just too damn low..
    I already trashed two of them, and instead of searching for a new one, i made myself a new, steel one, instead of aluminium. It is a little higher, but not too much. Couldnt make it higher, because of the oil pickup, its the lowest point..
    So, what are my options? Can i get a shortened oil pickup/Can i shorten it somehow? Can i lift the engine, if so how? I dont wana swap, thats not an option. Can use any parts. Thanks for help. :)
    5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
    Leave feedback about my transactions!
    sigpic

Make a sump guard. They sell them in the classifieds.
    Fab up a shortened pickup and dipstick
    Place shims under the motor mount to raise the motor

Pretty much everything you said you've thought about doing is possible.

M42 turbo build.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

Had a sump guard, 4mm thick. But with our roads, it just bent and smashed my sump :(
      I heard you can use M50 engine mounts to raise the engine, is that possible? Should i raise the transmission too?
      5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
      Leave feedback about my transactions!
      sigpic

Comment

If the roads are THAT bad, I think I'd lower the wheels...

as in, raise the car.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X