Clutch goes to floor after headgasket change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch goes to floor after headgasket change

Of course it didn't just work on the first try, that would be too easy.

Just swapped out my headgasket, and also deleted the mess under the intake while I was in there, now I'm leaking brake fluid(not sure where but the reservoir is fairly low, having never leaked a drop previously) and my clutch pedal goes straight to the floor with no resistance at all.

This would tell me slave cylinder, however it seems like a rather strange coincidence that this would happen the first time I press the clutch down after messing around so much with the engine. With that in mind, is there anything else it could be? An incorrectly routed hose or vacuum line? Something I may have broken while I was in there?

I'd really like to get this thing out of the garage so my m3 can go back in.
    sigpic

Could be coincidence. Wouldnt be the first time. Maybe you knocked off the hose from the res to the clutch master?

Leaving the booster hose off from the intake would make it hard as a rock, so its not that
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Hmm, I guess I'll get it up in the air tomorrow to take a look, gonna have a brand new e30 by the time I'm done with this thing.

It could just be a coincidence I suppose, just usually doesn't work out that way.
      sigpic

Comment

Well it was a bit leaky down there, changed it, bled it, and it works, guess I'll find out in the next couple weeks if that was it ir if bleeding it just helped temporarily.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X