What's a good chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good chip

So I'm thinking of swapping out the stock diff with a 3.73 or a 3.46 LSD and I'm thinking of putting a performance chip to compensate. What would be a good chip to install?

Also, what's a good place to find an LSD with that gear ratios. The ones I've found are over $450 and I don't know if that's a good price for it.

I've used Mark D/EAT ultrachips, Turner/Comforti, and Dinan all of which seem to be fine.

3.73s are fairly common in 325is' and shouldn't be more than $250 for a used one, just keep checking the FS section. Bear in mind that most E30 diffs are 25 or more years old and are fairly worn out. Consider rebuilding one.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      I've used Mark D/EAT ultrachips, Turner/Comforti, and Dinan all of which seem to be fine.
      None of those chips are remotely similar to one another.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        None of those chips are remotely similar to one another.
        Explanation or kidding?

Comment

Well I'm looking for an e30 and Dinan only has for e36.

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3ochoa View Post
            Well I'm looking for an e30 and Dinan only has for e36.
            Dinan had one for the M42 once upon a time. In any case, just buy a used one, maybe with a DME attached.

Still waiting to hear how those chips are different, in my experience, they all raised the rev limit, all made the car feel like it might have a few more horsepower, and didn't really impact MPGs. So, whichever way you go you'll at least feel faster.

Comment

Dinan had one for the M42 once upon a time. In any case, just buy a used one, maybe with a DME attached.

Still waiting to hear how those chips are different, in my experience, they all raised the rev limit, all made the car feel like it might have a few more horsepower, and didn't really impact MPGs. So, whichever way you go you'll at least feel faster.
              Oh man, so it's going to be hard to find one then. Do you suggest trying to look for one in the forum or might you know of any places where I might find one?

Comment

I think I bought all of the ones mentioned on r3v second hand. I don't think I paid more than $120 shipped for any of them.

If you go to buy a chip be sure to know what grade of fuel is required as some are designed to work well with 91, and some with 93.

Comment

I think I bought all of the ones mentioned on r3v second hand. I don't think I paid more than $120 shipped for any of them.

If you go to buy a chip be sure to know what grade of fuel is required as some are designed to work well with 91, and some with 93.
                  Ah I see, well I've found some but are posts from a long time ago. You wouldn't be selling any of Yours would you? Lol.

Comment

I have one with ECU 173/ 275.00 EAT 7000 RPM 17 or 19 injectors 93 octane

Comment

I put one in from Turner Motorsports over the weekend. I feel like the car pulls a bit better in the mid range on my butt dyno.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barry View Post
                        I have one with ECU 173/ 275.00 EAT 7000 RPM 17 or 19 injectors 93 octane
                        I had a 175 ecu in my 318is, not sure if a 173 would work..
                        sigpic

Comment

chip

I've got a DINAN chip in my 318is. I can't tell if it's any good cause that is all I've driven. My friend who has a e36 and has driven my e30 318is said my car was way faster then another dude's e36 318is.

dlm ny country
                          Attached Files

Comment

What's a good chip?

Pringles. Order from Blunttech for the best service.
                            Originally posted by codyep3
                            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                            2010 F650gs twin
                            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                              What's a good chip?

Pringles. Order from Blunttech for the best service.
                              I checked the site and I didn't find any chips on there.

Comment

Working...
                              X