No announcement yet.

Who's running a 4.44 diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a couple more days I'm starting to really like it. Most of my driving is around the city and its great for zipping around traffic. First time driving an E30 with an open diff and its pretty lame in the rain. I guess its subjective because I'm just used to my buzzy m42 on the hwy so I don't really notice the difference in RPMs on the hwy so far.

Comment

I went from an open 4.10 to a 3.73lsd this past friday. I like the 3.73 a lot, and better then the 4.10. I can feel the diference in RPM drops on the hwy(a good thing), but the car does not feel any slower as far as acceleration goes. The 3.73lsd, is staying in there for good.
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

^^ what transmission

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
          ^^ what transmission

stock g240
          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

I have a 4.45 open with 41k on it I've had it for years and never used it. Selling for cheap if anyone is interested. lmk pm or text 305-619-9499 for faster response.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thread resurrection...

I want a 4.44 (44.5) LSD differential for autocrossing my m42. Did this ratio come as LSD in any cars? If not, whats the best or most economical way to make one?

Comment

Yes, 318ti automatics could have had a 4.44 LSD, probably Z3s as well. It's worth it, but it's not for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Yes, 318ti automatics could have had a 4.44 LSD, probably Z3s as well. It's worth it, but it's not for everyone.
                  Right on. Yeah its for autocross and I live in Hawaii so no long freeway drives. The freeway speed limits are low here too, so it might help keep me out of trouble.

Now to find one of these diffs...

Comment

Originally posted by e30sequel View Post
                    This is what I've done

445 LSD
                    ZF 320
                    Single mass flywheel
                    Tuned the intake cam
                    Chip
                    Intake/exhaust

Around town is wonderful
                    On highway is wonderful

Not bad with passengers
                    4.45 is mental with the ZF320!

I have a 3.73LSD behind a ZF320 in mine which is equivalent to a 4.45 with the original G240. I think its fun, but its also been years since I have driven my car....

Since I don’t really take long drives and its just a car for fun it made sense. Not sure it would make sense for a daily. I used to have a 4.10 behind the G240 and a 4.10 behind the G260 when it was an M20 car so I have had it geared on the steeper side for the time I have owned it.

-Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                    X